Saturday, November 17, 2012

Toasty Feet

Ooh, the host family has turned on the ondol (온돌), and the floors are nice and toasty this morning. Ondol is Korea's signature underfloor heating system. In this apartment on the third story, of course, we're not using wood smoke and a furnace. It's probably electrical heating, or maybe water. Whatever it is, my feet appreciate it.

I'll be leaving the warm house soon, however, to take a trip up to Seoul. Tonight, Fulbright is hosting an early Thanksgiving dinner at the National Folk Museum of Korea! This will be my fifth consecutive Thanksgiving away from home, but my first without any members of my family... But on the bright side, all the other Fulbrighters will be there. It sounds like it's going to be a classy shindig, and I'm excited. I won't be back until Sunday evening. Photos to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate