Monday, August 27, 2012

It's my first day of teaching!

As the title of this post may suggest, it's my first day of teaching today! I have two classes, one for the second-years and one for teachers (an English conversation practice group, to be more specific). They are both in the afternoon, so I will spend my morning preparing and freaking out.

Am I excited? Yes!

Am I ready? Not at all!

Is that okay? I don't know!

Is that okay? Yes!

Wish me luck!

[edit] Haha, okay... forty-five minutes after I arrive at school and begin finalizing preparations for my first class, my co-teacher announces that there has been a schedule change due to the first-year class trip to Japan. (They're going to visit Japanese universities and also spend a day at Disneyland Tokyo.) Because the second-year English teacher is gone on the trip as a chaperone, all of her classes have been shifted around. As a result, I don't have any classes to teach today! Well, I'm still teaching the conversation class for teachers.

The good thing is that I have much more time to prepare both lesson plans now. The bad thing is that I no longer have the four-day weekend I thought I'd have, but I think that in this case the good strongly outweighs the bad.

So my first official day of teaching is... tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate